Google
 

01 February 2008

Scalloped Potatoes

Until fairly recently, I am ashamed to admit, I had never had scalloped potatoes that didn't come from a box. I've always quite liked those, however, and I couldn't believe that I had never made them from scratch. So, I did some research, and poked around the pantry, and came up with these.


Scalloped Potatoes

4-6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, grated
salt and freshly ground pepper
1-2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the cream and garlic, and season liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer into a large casserole. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and more grated pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a butter knife can slide easily into the potatoes.

Notes
- I use a mandoline to slice the potatoes, but you could easily use a knife. Just make sure they are very close to the same size.
- You could use any kind of potatoes, I just faovr the Yukon Golds because they're so creamy.

No comments: